Dieses Thema im Forum "Hörspiel-Grundlagen: Das Skript" wurde erstellt von OldNick, 12. November 2017.
That's a bargain!
Today we have the next update - KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 7. This is not the last beta, as I would like ... Unfortunately, in the last couple of months there was very little free time, so the beta did not include all the features that I wanted to add, but nevertheless, we have something new:
Added the ability to restore the script from a backup! You can do it through the new "Tools" tab. For this you need:
- open a project whose text is missing or damaged;
- go to the "Tools" tab and choose from the list of available tools "Restore from Backup" (this is the only one tool yet, but in the future, this list will be grown);
- after that, a list of backup copies of the project available for recovery in the view "Backup date [backup size]" will appear. The size of the backup can help to see the border of the event when part of the text or the entire text has been deleted;
- select the appropriate backup from the list and click the restore button in the toolbar at the top;
- after that, you can return to work with the restored text of the script.
Also in this update were added bookmarks. You can add or remove a bookmark via the context menu in any paragraph of the text, and open the bookmarks browser through the menu for activating additional panels in the navigator.
In addition, the following improvements were made:
- now when exporting to PDF, you can add watermarks to the document;
- improved automatic text corrections in the continuation of dialogues;
- now in the entire application used icons of a single style;
- fixed the problem of importing the project title, title page and real names of characters from kitsp-files;
- fixed the problem of saving images in the cloud;
- the script import from DOCX-files is slightly improved;
- now, if the automatic installation of the update cannot be performed, the program will offer a link for manually downloading the update file;
- fixed the problem with dropping scene numbers when importing from fountain files;
- fixed the problem of working with multi-line editorial notes;
- translations of the program into Turkish and Hungarian are added.
Have a nice day!
Whow! As a simple user I am very impressed about the fact how easy and pleasant it feels to write a script with KIT Scenarist. I've always used CeltX so far, but in direct comparison...using KIT scenarist is like walking on clouds!
Thank you very much for your efforts!
Thanks, @Phollux! It's so nice to know! I'm glad that the application is still easy to use, despite the strong growth of late!
I have not used the programm for quite some time. My latest version is 0.7.2 Beta 4. When I opend it today, it tried to update to Beta 7 but could not install the program. Do I have to install the versions prior to Beta 7 first? I just remember that the update has not worked some time ago. I use Ubutu 16.4 LTS - just in case the information helps you.
Thanks for the effort! Have a good time!
Thanks for the information! Yes, it looks like a problem with installing an update (I will recheck this functionality for Linux version). If it not works, you can manually download the new version from the site.
Good morning, @dimkanovikov!
thank you very much for your answer! I will try to update later and tell you how it worked.
Have a good time.
Update KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 8 is ready and already available for download! In this update, we added a few production-specific features, but in which the screenwriter takes a direct part, and also we fixed some problems.
What's under the hood?
- added the ability to lock scene numbers;
- added the ability to specify a custom number for the locked scene;
- added the ability to specify the start number of scenes for the script in the section Research - Script;
- setting the prefix of the scene numbers also moved to the script parameters in the Research and now displayed not only in export, but will also directly in the script editor;
- also fixed the problem with the prefix of the scene numbers when exporting the script;
- added the ability to specify a color for any research document, and the colors assigned to the characters are also displayed opposite their dialogues in the script editor;
- the option of highlighting blocks now also takes into account the colors of scenes and replicas;
- in the script, you can now set the color for several scenes selected in the navigator simultaneously;
- improved automatic splitting of dialogues on page breaks;
- fixed problems with saving words in the user dictionary of spelling check;
- fixed the detected synchronization problems in the cloud service.
Spoiler: Google Translation
I'm writing a scene in Kit Scenarist right now. Unfortunately, I have the problem that unintentional paragraphs between the formatting "dialogue" and "character" have crept. This creates a gap between the dialogue partners, wasting space unnecessarily. However, if I want to close this gap (by deleting the dialog lines), the following character (narrator) is automatically formatted as a dialog. If I change the formatting in hindsight back to "character" again this unwanted paragraph appears. Can someone help me with the problem?
Ich schreibe gerade an einer Szene in Kit Scenarist. Ich habe leider das Problem, dass sich ungewollt Absätze zwischen den Formatierungen "Dialog" und "Charakter" eingeschlichen haben. Dadurch entsteht zwischen den Dialogpartnern eine Lücke, die unnötig Platz verschwendet. Wenn ich allerdings diese Lücke (durch löschen der Dialogzeilen) schließen möchte, wird der darauf folgende Charakter (Erzähler) automatisch als Dialog formatiert. Ändere ich die Formatierung im Nachhinein zurück in "Charakter" erscheint erneut dieser ungewollte Absatz. Kann mir jemand bei dem Problem weiterhelfen?
Hast du die Löschtaste oder die Rücklöschtaste verwendet? Könnte sein das da ein Unterschied in der Anwendung entsteht.
Wenn Du mit Löschtaste die Entf.-Taste meinst dann ja. Ich habe die Entf- und die Rücklöschtaste (Backspace) probiert. Leider mit dem gleichen unerwünschten Ergebnis.
OK, in dem Fall dürfte das etwas für die Entwickler sein, denke ich. Hatte nur mein kleines Western-Skript damit geschrieben, da hatte ich auch ein paar Merkwürdigkeiten zu verzeichnen. Normalerweise verwende ich DramaQueen.
Hello, Phollux. Can you try to move the cursor to the start of the second character name and press backspace twice? It works?
okay I did it, but unfortunately it didn't work.
The cursor and the charakter name jump into the dialogline of the first charakter name. The format switches into dialogue but the second charakter keeps the bold format.
Trenne Benutzernamen durch Kommata.