KIT Scenarist version 0.7.2 rc6 published. It includes:
- added the ability to cancel automatic text corrections, for example, if you do not want a capital letter after the point, then you can undo the last action and get the option without correction;
- added the ability to set the header and footer for the script (Research - Script - Header & Footer);
- fixed the problem with a template used for exporting, when the template in which the script is exported did not similar to what is shown in the export dialog;
- improved work with file names in Windows;
- added checking for the ability to write into opening files. Now, if a user tries to open a read-only file, the program will warn about this and block all editing abilities so as not to mislead the user;
- the size of some dialogs of the program has been adjusted so now it can work fine on old netbooks;
- added undo and redo buttons to the research module documents editors;
- the "Versions" section has been improved, now it is possible to create new versions and view the text of the script of the saved versions right from it;
- improved export in the DOCX format in such a way that now the numbers of the scenes will also be located on the side of the text itself, which will allow better orientation in them;
- fixed the problem with the export, when formatting was simultaneously applied to the text of the script and its color was changed;
- fixed a problem with the import of documents, when some text was imported as a review mark with black background;
- fixed problem with calculating the percentage of rarely used blocks (for example, title);
- added spelling dictionary for the Catalan language.
And of course, we have added an indicator of the progress of our campaign, so you can follow our movement to the goal and participate in it, right from the app!
Interesting experiences now evoke the development of the current version - it is very pleasant to return to work on the program itself, but in addition, there is such a mixed feeling of sadness and joy. You know, this is how, when the next series of the Game of Thrones comes to an end, you are sad that it is over, because you have already walked the whole path with it and are between you so much, but you are happy that it was only the first series of the eighth season and ahead so much more will happen that it is simply impossible to sit still and you want to see the next part as soon as possible!
I really hope that the second season of our saga will be no less epic than the first. But to give him an explosive start, we really need your help! Join our campaign! Together we are able to create the best program for authors!
Let me start with a huge THANK YOU!.
This software is pretty close to what I was looking for. Great job!
I can't emphesis it enough: Windoze, MacOS, Linux ... and when talking about Linux, it is not just for Debian, it is also available for rpm based and ArchLinux .... Holy Ghost! What a lot of work to maintain all this versions for these OSes.
Very impressive! Especially if one knows, that this is good old C++ code. This explains the speed of light of KITScenarist
I found a little error, which I discribed in GitHub Issue #821. As I found the missing link, I provided the solution as well.
The KITScenarist is lightning fast, even on my quite old Dell XPS 13 (4 GB RAM, i3, 256 GB SSD).
... all inside of 82.4 MB!
-------- TRANSLATION ---------
Als erstes ein großes DANKESCHÖN!
Diese Software ist ziemlich genau das, was ich suchte. Großartiger Job!
Ich kann es nicht genug betonen, was es für einen Aufwand bedeutet, wenn man Versionen für Windozw, MacOS und Linux bereitstellt. Wobei bei Linux, nicht nur deb, sondern auch rpm und ArchLinux pakete verfügbar sind ... Enorm!
Sehr beeindruckend! Insbesondere dann, wenn man weiß, dass das alles guter, alter C++ Code ist. Das erklärt die Lichtgeschwindigkeit von KITScenarist.
Ich habe noch einen kleinen Fehler gefunden, den ich im GitHub Issue #821 beschreibe. Da ich die Lösung auch schon gefunden habe, habe ich sie beigefügt.
KIT Scenarist ist blitzschnell auf meinem recht alten Dell XPS 13 (4 GB RAM, i3, 256 GB SSD).
So our crowdfunding campaign has come to an end. Officially, the campaign was supposed to end a week ago, but due to some technical problems in the work of the fundraising platform, the end date was postponed for several days.
Unfortunately, we were not able to collect all the necessary amount. From a goal of 1 million rubles, we collected 376 thousand. The campaign was supported by 241 people and I am grateful to each of you for your support.
Since we didn't collect the necessary amount, it was necessary to make a decision on how to move on - to leave the campaign as it was, returning the money to the sponsors, or withdraw funds and attract investments... After discussing this issue with the campaign sponsors, it was decided to take that have already collected and seek additional funding.
As you understand, attracting investments will require a clear commercial strategy from me and therefore I decided the following - the new version of KIT will be distributed in two types:
1. free open source version (will include all the functionality similar to what is currently available in KIT)
2. paid closed version (will include all the innovations described in the campaign text)
All campaign participants will receive their rewards, the only thing is that the time for the implementation of the new version will increase, because we need to continue to seek funding, which also takes time.
If you have not had time to participate in the campaign, but really wanted to - you have a few days left until the extra time ends.
WHAT WILL BE WITH THE CURRENT VERSION?
The current version remains available to everyone as it was. It will receive several minor updates, within which the critical errors found will be fixed. And then I will concentrate entirely on developing a new version.
WHERE ARE MY STICKERS?
As soon as the fundraising platform payout the collected funds, I will immediately print and send everything to the addresses you specified!
Once again I want to thank everyone - thank you, friends!
P.S. Guys, I apologize that lately I have been responding to letters and messages. Soon the workload will decrease and I will answer all of them!
and always with a smile
I want to tell you a little about what is happening here and why there is such a lull.
After the crowdfunding campaign ended, I decided not to rush headlong into the new version, but to test my hypotheses about some of the things I planned to implement in it (for the most part, they related to the interface). I made a small demo application in which I implemented all my ideas, but it didn’t take off...
Everything was fine, except one thing - the speed of rendering on weak computers and mobile platforms. Because speed and smoothness of the new version work are extremely important for me, I had to look towards other technologies that can give the best result. And new technologies, as you understand, are new challenges but it's okay, now, I have already picked up a great framework that does a great job with building flexible and fast user interface. So I will step by step master it and start working on a new version.
What will happen to the old version - during this week I plan to publish a small update. Further updates of version 0.7.X will include only corrections of the most critical errors, improvements in the cloud service, as well as the addition of new translations of the app.
To be honest, it’s scary to leave a project in which a lot of time and experience was invested, but I’m not able to move forward both projects, so it’s best to honestly point out what future the current version is waiting for.
As for crowdfunding, the Boomstarter paid all the money (minus taxes and payment system commissions). I decided to print and send stickers by the first of September, so expect gifts in the fall.
Also, in the process of thinking about how to separate paid and free options and how to keep free and open-source part open, a new understanding emerged, how best to organize it in such a way as to motivate users to use advanced version, on the one hand, and on the other, to give users the opportunity to work on common projects from both versions. I will tell about it in the next post.
See you, friends.
P.S. And here is some screens of the rethought new version. What do you think about it?
And here comes the update! Meet the KIT Scenarist version 0.7.2 rc9!
It includes the following improvements:
- the title page content is now located clearly in the center;
- fixed a problem with the character deletion hung dialog;
- fixed the problem with the wrong export template set by default for new projects;
- fixed the problem with saving the report with the character's dialogues, when all the replicas were displayed in gray and were not readable;
- fixed a problem with the incorrect name of the exported file in some cases;
- fixed a problem with changing the text register when formatting applied for several blocks;
- fixed a problem with broken hotkeys for mind maps.
I want to share my pain with you and ask for help - there is a problem in the KIT Scenarist with the fact that at some point the cards break... duplicate or empty cards appear... This problem has been detected on for a long time, but I can't find a way to reproduce it stably Usually, users write something like, well, you need to work half an hour, edit the text here and there, and problem may appear - this, unfortunately, is no good, for how many times I have not tried to reproduce, I did not succeed. I need a clear sequence of actions that leads to the manifestation of a problem. If I knew this sequence, the solution can be found in minutes.
So, I wanted to ask you - maybe you already know when this problem appears and what sequence of actions we need to make in order for it to manifest itself... in that case, please please, write me how this can be done! Or maybe you will be interested in finding out how this problem can be reproduced and you can find a way to reproduce it - I would be very grateful. This is probably the most unpleasant thing now, with which I would not like to leave the current project version... I, for my part, will gladly thank someone who will help in solving this problem! Not that we are organizing a competition to catch the bug, but still I really want to get rid of it and make our application a little better!
I just got a clue of what you are doing with this script and it is awesome so far. I personally love to have a possibility to take a look in the file itself ( as it is a sqlite ) because not being able to open old documents when the software gets old is a no go for me.
I have started writing my first real 5-10 minutes audio play today and found a few things that would be cool to get improved / corrected, but non of them is urgent!
- FEATURE: Export one Version per Speaker so highlight all the parts where the person is speaking / mentioned
- FEATURE: Whenever you use an RichTextEditor I would love to have a possibility to use ordered and unordered lists additionally.
- BUG: LocationName is not able to save "ß". I guess this is part of the stringToUpper call or so?
Have a nice weekend, thanks for this cool software so far!
Werde Teil einer freien Hörspielproduktion. Egal, ob Sprecher, Autor, Cutter, ob Einsteiger oder Profi - hier, kann jeder mitmachen oder sein eigenes Projekt starten.
Die Onlineprojekte Hoerspielprojekt.de und Hoertalk.de können mit einer freiwilligen Spende unterstützt werden, dies hilft anfallende Kosten zu decken und die Projekte am Leben zu erhalten. Hier unterstützen